Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. This reissue of the revised edition brings the tenth edition completely up to date by the addition of hundreds of new words and meanings taken from Oxford and apss renowned data collection program, with a special focus on fast-changing areas of the language such as new technology, e-commerce, fashion, and youth culture.
Over 240,000 Words and Phrases
- The clearest , most accurate definitions, based on the largest language research programme in the world
- Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
- Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
- In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
- Pronunciations for words that might cause difficulty
- Origin Section tracing the history of words
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Support for MMC, memory stick, and SD memory cards